Assignments & Tutorials
You can collect feedback on your assignments here
, that is, this is where your marked assignments are.
- First assignment and tutorial questions.
- Second assignment and tutorial questions.
- Third assignment and tutorial questions. (typo fixed, and fn question added in tut ex)
- Tutorial exercises for week four material
- Exercises from throughout the entire course so far.
- Fourth assignment and tutorial questions. Statistics section.
- Data set required for Assignment 4: IAT.txt
- Fifth assignment and tutorial questions. Statistics section.
- Sixth assignment and tutorial questions. Statistics section. DUE FRIDAY 24TH (instead of Thursday)
- Topic 5 (Estimation) Tutorial questions: NOT TO BE HANDED IN - these are for week 11 tutorials, to provide practice for the week 12 test
Assignments are due on most non-test weeks, by midnight Thursday. You can see details in the submission system
Here is where you submit your assignments
. The web left bar also has a Submission
button that does the same job. It handles lab reports, too.
It has to be a single pdf file, hopefully with multiple pages, ending with YourUsername.pdf. For example, my username on the School computer system is sarcher, so I have to name my submission something like "HereWeGo_sarcher.pdf", or "Assignment0.sarcher.pdf" .
The ...username.pdf bit of your filename can be ALL UPPER CASE, or all lower case, but we've not been able to allow for all case mixes. We advise that you check your submission by clicking on it after it is uploaded, and see if what you get back is what you uploaded. Once you have checked it, click on the "Complete Submission" button.
You can make a pdf file by printing any image file to pdf instead of a printer. You can scan written work using one of the scanners in CyberCommons or the Library, or using your mobile phone camera together with an app like Dropbox. Or you can put all of your images into a Word document and print to a single pdf file from there.
Submit only your assignment answers, not tutorial answers.
Your marked assignments are here
Assignment answers are posted here shortly after the submission time, together with a marking schedule to help you understand where you gained marks and where you need to do further work.
- Solutions to the first assignment
- Solutions to the second assignment
- Solutions to the third assignment
- Solutions to the fourth assignment
- Solutions to the fifth assignment
- Solutions to the sixth assignment
- Assignments are crucial to your learning in mathematics, and help you do well in Tests.
- Assignments are marked to provide you with feedback on how you are doing. The marks also count towards 25% of your final grade.
- Late assignments are not marked. The model answers will be posted online shortly after the submission deadline. If your assignment is late, you are invited to mark it yourself to see how you did, and you need to start on the next assignment. You can miss one assignment without any impact on your marks, as noted above.
- You can collect feedback on your assignments here; your marked assignments are here.
Tutorials start on Mondays of most weeks. The relevant assignment will be available online before then, and tutorial questions are attached to each assignment
. You can go to any tutorial, no matter which one you signed up for. You can go to more than one tutorial if you like.
You do not submit your tutorial work. It is aimed at helping you do the assignments, which you do submit.
Solutions to appear here each Tuesday before 9am!
- Solutions to first set of tutorial exercises
- Solutions to second set of tutorial exercises
- Solutions to third set of tutorial exercises
- Solutions to first set of tutorial exercises on probability and statistics
- Solutions to the second set of tutorial exercises on probability and statistics
- Solutions to the third set of tutorial exercises on probability and statistics
- Tutorial on estimation, confidence intervals - solutions
Tutorial Times and Rooms:
Zoom tutorial link (same as lectures). Passcode is engr123: https://vuw.zoom.us/my/engr123
Tutorials run weeks 8-11. If/when we get back to Alert Level 1 or 2, tuts will be run from the room given in brackets. At Alert Level 3, tuts are on Zoom only. Note that we have cancelled the Monday 9am tut!