Assignments and Projects: SWEN 303 (2021)
SWEN 303 will have two assignments and one project. The assignments and project will be handed out as per the LectureSchedule
This year you will focus on one of the following topic areas as context for your design for and examination of user experience:
- Peerwise - Student questioning as part of learning
- CovidVac - Covid 19 vaccine delivery - information, booking, followup
- CovidTrace - Contact tracing, QR codes, and gamification
- AREntertain - Augmented Reality games and/or education
- Pacifika - Pacifika Journey through University
- Finances - Flat finances - managing bills and joint costs in an app.
The three assessments below build to form a single project. Students are allowed to change topic area during the trimester but this may require additional work. For example, a student does Ass1 on project A. Having completed the persona creation and task assessment they decide they want to design for a different system, project B. For Ass2 they would need to alter the personas a bit, and create new tasks as well as do the design. The second time you do something is usually faster than the first, but even so, there will be more work as you need to submit personas and tasks for Ass2.
Assignment One 25% - Due 16th March 2021
is a user empathy task to create personas and examine system requirements. The grading rubric is adaptable here is the draft Assignment 1 Rubric
Assignment Two 25% - Due 1st April 2021
is an ideation and design task to propose potential solutions for the system you have selected. The draft Assignment 2 Rubric
- you can give a change to the weighting
We will be creating project groups with a hybrid model of group formation that is a mix of student input and project alignment.
Give feedback on the project, role, and members in this form
The groups have started to be formed. check you group
Project Part 1 Prototype 25% Due 21st May 2021
Project Prototype. This will be the prototype of the combination of designs from Assignment 2. This is a group of 5-6 students working together. Project pt1 Rubric
Project Part 2 Testing and Reflection 25% Due 7th June 2021
This has two parts:
Project pt2 Rubric
- Project Testing. This will be the user testing of the prototype. This will be either in-person or online using Zoom and screen sharing. There will be suggestions for which groups could test other group's prototypes suggested pairing
- Project Reflection. The reflections will be individual reflections on the project and group work.
and the form for weighting
Written Assessment Rules
In this course there will be a number of written items of assessment. The following rules apply to all written assessments.
You will submit either:
- A link to your development repository on the ECS gitlab server with documentation in the Readme.md of the master branch of the git repo
- An example of the structure of the repository format can be found in the Assignment 1 Example
- The Readme.md will contain
- Title using # - eg "# SWEN303 Assignment <num> "
- Subtitle listing members one per line using "## <student name> <student id num>"
OR for assignment 1 and 2 you may:
- Submit a PDF file which follows this format
- Single column
- Single line spacing (2pt or 115% leading, i.e. 12/14pt)
- All margins at least 2.5cm
- Your assignment should have a cover page
- SWEN303 (larger than the rest at 80pt Helvetica Bold)
- The assignment or project
- Your name
- Your student ID
- The name of your pair, if you have worked in pairs.
- For the project, your project group.
Animal Role Explanation
We will create the groups using a role-based allocation system. The Animals Explanation.pdf
has details of the roles