How to use TeamViewer
TeamViewer is a remote access, control and support solution that works with almost every desktop and mobile platform, including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
How to connect with TeamViewer
Download and install TeamViewer on the device you want to start a connection from, like a desktop or mobile device. You can download TeamViewer for free from here
Install TeamViewer on the target device you want to access. This could be another desktop or mobile device.
The initial TeamViewer setup couldn’t be easier:
- simply install the software,
- indicate whether you want to use it for commercial or private use (the private use is free),
- create a name and password for your computer, and make note of it for future reference.
Once the installation process is complete, you will then be taken to the main TeamViewer interface, which is divided up into two tabs:
- remote control and
From here, you can navigate to the various features outlined below.
In order to make a start with TeamViewer’s remote control functions,
- find the Remote Control tab of the main interface. Here, you will find your TeamViewer ID and your temporary password, which you can change at any point.
- send your TeamViewer ID and your temporary password to your lecturer. Then you can allow your lecturer remote control of your computer.
For more information on how to establish a remote control connection, see the TeamViewer manual for remote control