Software and Programming Group
|The Software and Programming Group (SPG) involves leading software engineering and programming languages researchers with links to a large number of international institutions worldwide. We conduct research on static analysis, modern programming language design, type systems, modelling, formal methods, human aspects, and database. We contribute to the development of both commercial and research programming languages and tools. We always seek new PhD and masters students with a background in software development with experience in compilers, language design, and tools implementation. See SPG Research Profile.|
MeetingsWeekly Group Meetings take place every Friday between 1pm and 2pm and are currently on Zoom. Please JoinUs by subscribing to our mailing list to stay up to date: https://ecs.wgtn.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/spg.
- Watch Jens Dietrich give his ICSE'20 talk.
- Michael Homer, Craig Anslow and Jens Dietrich have their proposal accepted by the Science for Technological Innovation National Science Challenge (SfTI). The proposal is on Automating Automated Testing -- regression test synthesis from bug reports, the project will be funded with 200k NZD. If you are interested in a PhD project in this area, please contact any of the investigators.
- Our research group is happy to host and organise SPLASH 2022 and APLAS 2022 after our current Covid-related travel disturbances are over!
- Watch Julian Mackay deliver his POPL 2020 talk.
- Alex Potanin wrote a blog post on a simple starter app with React Hooks in Ionic to go along with our SWEN 325 course.
- Our research group is happy to host and organize IEEE VL/HCC 2020 (10-14 August 2020)
in Dunedin, NZnow virtual!
- We hosted APLAS 2018 (2-6 December 2018) in Wellington, NZ.
- We co-organized APSEC 2016 (6-9 December 2016) in Hamilton, NZ.