PhD in Computer Science (University of Manchester)
TeachingI teach/taught the following course: COMP102, COMP103, NWEN243, NWEN438, SWEN439 Course Lecturer for the following Master of Software Development (MSWDev) Courses:
SWEN 501 Professional Programming Skills
SWEN 502 Software Development Studio I
SWEN 503 Software Development Studio II
Research InterestsTrust and Access Control in Smart Environments, Teaching Computer Science in UG/PG degrees, Software Engineering and Usable Security, and Mobile Computing
- [Conference 2021] Simon Applebaum, Tarek Gaber, and Ali Ahmed, “Signature-based and Machine-Learning-based Web Application Firewall: A short survey”. Accepted in First International Workshop on Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing for Cybersecurity hosted by ACLing 2021. https://acling2021.org.
- [Conference 2020] Ali Ahmed, Craig Watterson, Nilufar Baghaei, and Karsten Lundqvist. Distance Learning Practices: A Reflective Study. Accepted in Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Computers in Education. Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education (ICCE2020).
- [Conference 2020] Wisanoo Boonrat, Vimita Vaidya, Nilufar Baghaei, Hamid Sharifzadeh, and Ali Ahmed. Enhancing Customers’ Knowledge and Decision Making using Augmented Reality. Accepted in Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Computers in Education. Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education (ICCE2020).
- [Conference 2020] Ali Ahmed, Karsten Lundqvist, Craig Watterson, and Nilufar Baghaei. Teaching Cyber-Security for Distance Learners: A Reflective Study. Accepted in Frontiers in Education 2020 (FIE2020).
- [Conference 2020] Yousef Ballan, Ali Ahmed, and Nilufar Baghaei. LAMCO: A Layered Approach to Mobile Application Computation Offloading. 2020 International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing (IWCMC), Limassol, Cyprus, 2020, pp. 1336-1341, doi: 10.1109/IWCMC48107.2020.9148493.
- [Journal 2020] Philipp Tschannen and Ali Ahmed. “Bitcoin’s APIs in Open-Source Projects: Security Usability Evaluation”, Electronics 2020. Volume 9, Issue 7, 1077. https://www.mdpi.com/2079-9292/9/7/1077
- [Conference 2020] Philipp Tschannen and Ali Ahmed. 2020. On the Evaluation of the Security Usability of Bitcoin’s APIs. In Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE'20), April 15–17, 2020, Trondheim, Norway. ACM, New York, NY, USA. PP. 405–412. https://doi.org/10.1145/3383219.3383277
- [Conference 2020] Tarek Gaber, Ali Ahmed, and Amira Mostafa. 2020. PrivDRM: A Privacy-preserving Secure Digital Right Management System. In Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE'20), April 15–17, 2020, Trondheim, Norway. ACM, New York, NY, USA. pp. 481–486. https://doi.org/10.1145/3383219.3383289 .
- [Conference 2019] K. Lundqvist, A. Ahmed, D. Fridman and J. Bernard, "Interdisciplinary Agile Teaching," 2019 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE), Covington, KY, USA, 2019, pp. 1-8, https://doi.org/10.1109/FIE43999.2019.9028544.