Teaching in 2020
- Course Lecturer
- Course Lecturer
- Course Lecturer
TeachingI teach/taught the following course: COMP102, COMP103, NWEN243, NWEN438, SWEN439 Course Lecturer for the following Master of Software Development (MSWDev) Courses:
SWEN 501 Professional Programming Skills
SWEN 502 Software Development Studio I
SWEN 503 Software Development Studio II
Research InterestsTrust and Access Control in Smart Environments, Teaching Computer Science in UG/PG degrees, Software Engineering and Usable Security, and Mobile Computing
- [Conference 2020] Ali Ahmed, Karsten Lundqvist, Craig Watterson, and Nilufar Baghaei. Teaching Cyber-Security for Distance Learners: A Reflective Study. Accepted in Frontiers in Education 2020.
- [Conference 2020] Yousef Ballan and Ali Ahmed, “LAMCO: A Layered Approach to Mobile Application Computation Offloading”, Accepted in IWCM2020.
- [Journal 2020] Philipp Tschannen and Ali Ahmed. “Bitcoin’s APIs in Open-Source Projects: Security Usability Evaluation”, Volume 9, Issue 7, 1077. https://www.mdpi.com/2079-9292/9/7/1077
- [Conference 2020] Philipp Tschannen and Ali Ahmed. 2020. On the Evaluation of the Security Usability of Bitcoin’s APIs. In Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE'20), April 15–17, 2020, Trondheim, Norway. ACM, New York, NY, USA. PP. 405–412. https://doi.org/10.1145/3383219.3383277
- [Conference 2020] Tarek Gaber, Ali Ahmed, and Amira Mostafa. 2020. PrivDRM: A Privacy-preserving Secure Digital Right Management System. In Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE'20), April 15–17, 2020, Trondheim, Norway. ACM, New York, NY, USA. pp. 481–486. https://doi.org/10.1145/3383219.3383289 .
- [Conference 2019] K. Lundqvist, A. Ahmed, D. Fridman and J. Bernard, "Interdisciplinary Agile Teaching," 2019 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE), Covington, KY, USA, 2019, pp. 1-8, https://doi.org/10.1109/FIE43999.2019.9028544.
- [Journal 2017] Reinhard Behrens and Ali Ahmed “A Security Architecture for the Internet Of Things". KSII Transactions on Internet & Information Systems, Volume 11, No. 12. pp. 6092- 6115. DOI: 10.3837/tiis.2017.12.022
- [Conference 2017] Reinhard Behrens and Ali Ahmed “Internet of Things: An End-to-End Security Layer”, In Innovations in Clouds, Internet and Networks (ICIN), 2017 20th Conference on (pp. 146-149). IEEE.
- [Journal 2016] Ali Ahmed, “Literature-Based Discovery: Critical Analysis and Future Directions”, The International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS), Volume 16, No. 07, July 2016, pp 11-26.
- [Journal 2016] Ali Ahmed and David Booth, “Harmonisation of Digital Privacy Law and Practice: The Jersey Workplace Case Study”, The International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS), Volume 16, No. 06, June 2016, pp 101-118.
- [Conference 2016] Ali Ahmed and David Booth, “The Digital Privacy Laws and Practices in the Jersey Island”, The 7th International Conference on Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks (EUSPN-2016), September 19-22, 2016, London, United Kingdom.
- [Conference 2015] Ali Ahmed and Saadat AlHashmi, “A Metric for Literature-Based Discovery Methodology Evaluation”, The 12th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications AICCSA 2015, November 17-20, 2015, Marrakech, Morocco.
- [Conference 2015] Noha Ragab, Ali Ahmed, and Saadat AlHashmi, “Software Engineering for Security as a Non- Functional Requirement”, The proceedings of the Second Euro-China Conference on Intelligent Data Analysis and Applications, ECC 2015, volume 370, Springer International Publishing, pp 347-357
- [Conference 2015] Ali Ahmed, Ahmed Abed, and Saadat AlHashmi, “IPv6 Adoption in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: A Case Study”, The proceedings of the Second Euro-China Conference on Intelligent Data Analysis and Applications, ECC 2015, volume 370, Springer International Publishing, pp 335-346
- [Conference 2015] Ali Ahmed, and Saadat AlHashmi, “The School Absenteeism Contributing Factors: Oman as a Case Study”, The proceedings of the Second Euro-China Conference on Intelligent Data Analysis and Applications, ECC 2015, volume 370, Springer International Publishing, pp 215-224
- [Conference 2014] Ali Ahmed, and Saadat AlHashmi, “A Critical Survey on Current Literature-Based Discovery Models”, The 24th IBIMA Conference, Milan, Italy 6-7 November 2014
- [Conference 2012] Ali Ahmed and Abdullah Alnajem, “Trust-Aware Access Control: How Recent is Your Transaction History?”, The Second International Conference on Digital Information and Communication Technology and its Applications, May 16-18, 2012, Thailand.
- [Conference 2010] Ali Ahmed, and Ning Zhang, “An Access Control Architecture for Context-Risk-Aware Access Control: Architectural Design and Performance Evaluation”, the Fourth International Conference on Emerging Security Information, Systems and Technologies, SECURWARE 2010, July 18 - 25, 2010 - Venice/Mestre, Italy, pp 251-260.
- [Journal 2009] Ali Ahmed, and Ning Zhang, “Towards the Realisation of Context-Risk-Aware Access Control in Pervasive Computing”, The Journal of Telecommunication Systems, December 2009.
- [Conference 2008] Ali Ahmed, and Ning Zhang, “A Context-Risk-Aware Access Control Model for Ubiquitous Environments”, in the Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Secure Information Systems (SIS'08), IEEE CS Press - 20-22 October 2008, Wisla, Poland, pp. 775 - 782.