This person can no longer be contacted through the School of Engineering and Computer Science at Victoria University of Wellington
Andrew Chalmers completed his PhD at Victoria University of Wellington in 2017, advised by Associate Professor Taehyun Rhee and Associate Professor John Lewis, and is currently conducting research with the Computational Media Innovation Centre (CMIC)
His interests are a combination of global illumination and computer vision. He is a co-founder of Wellington-based startup DreamFlux. Previously, he has taught computer graphics and computer science courses at Victoria University of Wellington and has been credited in feature films for his research with Weta Digital.
Computer graphics, computer vision, global illumination, inverse rendering, appearance modelling, image-based lighting.
- Finn Welsford-Ackroyd, BE Honors (2019)
- Rachel Anderson, BE Honors (2019)
- Joseph Bennett, MSc in Computer Graphics (2019)
- Thomas Roughton, MSc in Computer Graphics (2019)
- Nikolai Artemiev, BE Honors (2018)
Research Projects and Entrepreneurship
- MBIE Smart Ideas (2017-2020), Reconstructing real world lights and reflectance models for Augmented and Mixed Reality (Related News Article)
- DreamFlux, Cinematic Mixed Reality Startup DreamFlux