[CatSIG] authorities

Sarah Menzies SarahMe at shorelibraries.govt.nz
Thu Nov 2 12:00:56 NZDT 2006

Hi Kathryn


The MARS authority control service may be an option for you.  The
website is at: http://www.bslw.com/authority_control.html.  I am afraid
that I can't help you on costs or quality, as we haven't used this
service ourselves, but the staff are very willing to answer questions.


Kind regards,





Sarah Menzies


North Shore Libraries

Phone: 09 486-8473

Email:sarahme at shorelibraries.govt.nz


From: catsig-bounces at mcs.vuw.ac.nz [mailto:catsig-bounces at mcs.vuw.ac.nz]
On Behalf Of Kathryn Mercer
Sent: Thursday, 2 November 2006 10:25 a.m.
To: catsig at mcs.vuw.ac.nz
Subject: [CatSIG] authorities




We are looking at migrating our database from a DRA system to Voyager
next year.  We are looking at options for producing a file of authority
records that match our bibliographic records, including the possibility
of sourcing these from Te Puna or another agency.  I'm told the Te Puna
option is quite expensive, so we would be interested to hear of any
library's experiences of other options, including costs, logistics and
data quality.




Kathryn Mercer

Cataloguing Librarian

Waikato Institute of Technology

Private Bag 3036

Hamilton 2020

New Zealand

Tel +64 7 834 8888 

Direct Tel: 834 8800extn 8120

Fax +64 7 838 0707



This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please do not read, distribute or copy it or any attachments.
Please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message and attachments.

Any views expressed in this email may be those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of North Shore City Council.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/pipermail/catsig/attachments/20061102/ec7a914a/attachment.html 

More information about the CatSIG mailing list