[CatSIG] OCLC Initiative

Janess Stewart Janess.Stewart at natlib.govt.nz
Wed May 2 16:55:30 NZST 2007

Good afternoon (also posted on TePuna-L, CatSig, and nzlibs)

   National Library is pleased to report that we are approaching a
   significant milestone with the National Library /OCLC partnership
   arrangement. The initial load of the National Union Catalogue to
   WorldCat will be exported from the Library  within the week.

   With this in mind, we advise that this load (and all subsequent ones)
   from National Library to WorldCat will reflect holdings at branch
   symbol level. National Library has provided OCLC with a list of all
   Te Puna libraries' symbols for OCLC to profile and assign an OCLC
   identifier to. This means that your branch library will also have a
   separate identity on WorldCat.org that reflects the way holdings in
   the National Union Catalogue are currently displayed.

   If you have any queries about this please get in touch with either
   Ruth Miller (Ruth.miller at natlib.govt.nz )or Sarah Barnett
   (Sarah.barnett at natlib.govt.nz)

Digital Solutions
National Library of New Zealand