[CatSIG] Announcement - CatSIG/TQM cataloguing workshops

Paul Staincliffe stainclp at waikato.ac.nz
Fri May 4 08:24:21 NZST 2007

Colleagues

On behalf of the Committee I am pleased to announce details of the 2007
CatSIG/TQM Inc. cataloguing workshops.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Staincliffe

Convenor CatSIG

CatSIG / TQM Inc. Cataloguing Workshops August-September 2007

The CatSIG Committee is pleased to announce details of the 2007 TQM
workshops.

This year we will be holding our workshops around the dates of the
LIANZA Conference so that our trainer from TQM Inc. can attend the
conference.

CatSIG is making a firm commitment to the Dunedin area by holding the
two TQM Introductory level workshops in Dunedin. Unlike in 2006 when we
had to cancel the workshops at short notice, these workshops will go
ahead bearing in mind unforeseen eventualities.

This year's programme is:

Workshop

Location

Date

MARC21 In Your Library (1 day)

Auckland Central Library

Book Blitz 1 (4 days)

Portland Hotel, Wellington

4-7 September 2007

Video recordings (2 days)

University of Auckland

13-14 September 2007

MARC21 In Your Library (1 day)

University of Otago

Just for Copy Cats (2 days)

University of Otago

18-19 September 2007

Costs for the workshops are:

Workshop

CatSIG members

LIANZA members

Others

MARC21 In Your Library

$180

$230

$300

Book Blitz 1

$600

$700

$850

Video recordings

$400

$500

$650

Just for Copy Cats

$360

$400

$550

Note all prices exclude GST.

We will again offer a discount for multiple registrations. Organisations
registering three or more participants for a single workshop will
receive a 15% discount on the total owing for that workshop.

As usual, morning and afternoon tea and lunches are included.

Participants on Book Blitz 1 and Video recordings will require a copy of
Cataloging with AACR2 & MARC21: for Books, Electronic Resources, Sound
Recordings, Videorecordings, and Serials, 2nd Edition, Chicago, ALA,
2004.

For more information on the required text or any of the workshops,
please visit the TQM website http://www.marcofquality.com/

For enquiries or to register please contact Anne Newnham,
a.newnham at auckland.ac.nz