[CatSIG] OCLC initiative: mid-May progress report

Janess Stewart Janess.Stewart at natlib.govt.nz
Wed May 16 16:09:20 NZST 2007

Good afternoon Te Puna users (this message is posted on TePuna-L; nz-libs and CATSIG)

Thank you to those librarians who have sent the National Library questions about the OCLC initiative.  Last week was a bumper crop.

If you, too,  would like to find the answers to such questions as:
* If we update any serial holdings in NUC, will we also have to amend
them in OCLC?
* Will OCLC be set up as a gateway through Te Puna like ABN or will we access OCLC independently via the Connexion Client/Cat Express etc?
* How do I find out my library symbol on OCLC and what happens if I want different holdings shown on WorldCat to the NUC?

you will need to go to the latest FAQ ( http://subscribers.natlib.govt.nz/news/future.htm ) for the answers

If your question has not yet been posed please get in touch with either Ruth Miller (ruth.miller at natlib.govt.nz)or Sarah Barnett (sarah.barnett at natlib.govt.nz)

What else is happening?
On Thursday 17 May a number of Wellington librarians have kindly agreed to form a working group to review the documentation that will be supplied to libraries as part of the June OCLC Roadshow. The Road Show will promote the agreement, answer any questions and help libraries decide on what cataloguing workflow will be best for them.

Watch this space for Roadshow information in the coming weeks.

Ruth Miller
Customer Support Consultant
Digital Solutions
National Library of New Zealand