[CatSIG] Last day: Survey on NZ library career issues including Professional Registration

Lynley Stone lynley at informationworkshop.com
Tue Jun 19 10:38:52 NZST 2012

If you have been meaning to fill in this survey but haven't got around to it
yet, please do so - I am extending access for an extra day and will take it
down tomorrow evening (Wednesday 20 June).

I would be happy to receive your thoughts and comments on the final section
via email right up to the end of June.

Thank you to everybody who has replied so far. The response has been hugely
generous and the survey has gathered a wide range of really useful
information.

***

There are THREE ways to get to the survey:

1. The original survey using SurveyGizmo software, which has worked well for
most people:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/944144/LIANZA-Careers-Survey

2. The survey on different software (Google Docs). This alternative version
was set up because a small number of people had problems with the Survey
Gizmo site. This is a shortened URL for convenience:

http://bit.ly/M9PjRP

If that doesn't work, try the third option:

3. The full file path to the survey on Google Docs. This is long, and so if
you are copying and pasting it into a browser remember to copy the whole
link :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFZ6SjN5MFk1ZXpyUGFiMDB
tY3JNSFE6MQ

Below is the original message I sent about the survey:

SURVEY ON NEW ZEALAND LIBRARY CAREER ISSUES INCLUDING PROFESSIONAL
REGISTRATION

We'd love to have your input about your experience, attitudes and ideas
around career development, and would be very grateful if you could spend
15-30 minutes on the attached survey.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/944144/LIANZA-Careers-Survey

This survey will run for two weeks, and will close on Tuesday 19 June 2012.

This survey is aimed at people who currently work, or who have worked, in
libraries at any level, from volunteer library assistant right through to
senior management.

Specific issues that are covered in the survey include:

* What techniques have you used to progress your career in libraries?
* What is your attitude to continuing professional development and LIANZA
Professional Registration?
* How do you keep up to date with issues relating to your job?
* Do you have any advice for people who want to work in your sector?

In July I will be presenting a series of workshops on career development for
librarians at all stages of their careers, and have developed this survey to
help understand a range of related topics. The results will be used in the
preparation of the workshops, and will also be used by LIANZA to help
develop the Professional Registration process and to understand how to
support librarians more effectively.

Please note that no question requires an answer, so you can fill in as
little or as much of the survey as you wish.

If you have any questions about this survey, please contact me at
lynley at informationworkshop.com or Alli Smith at alli at lianza.org.nz

Lynley Stone
The Information Workshop
Services for Information Professions