[CatSIG] [Reminder and thanks] Survey: Catalogues' use/non use of social media [VUW MIS research project]

Bridgit Siddall bridie33 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 12:48:15 NZDT 2012

Apologies for cross-posting

Thank you to all who have completed my survey on the use/non use of social
media by cataloguers, I’m very grateful to everyone who took the time to
answer the questions.

 If there is anyone who would still like to participate the link below will
take you to the survey which will remain open till the end of this week.
I'm interested in cataloguers' use and non use of social media so if you
don't use wikis/forums/blogs/electronic mailing lists as an aid to your
cataloguing work your responses are also very valuable.

 *Please note:  If you’ve answered “No” to the question: "Does your
organisation provide any social media tools to enable staff to share
information across the organisation?" and gotten an error message just
remove the “eg” text from below the “Yes” option and the survey will move
you forward.*

My name is Bridgit Siddall and I am a Masters of Information Studies
student at Victoria University of Wellington. As part of this degree I am
undertaking the INFO 580 research project.

The project I am undertaking focuses on the use of specific social media,
specifically blogs, wikis, forums, and electronic mailing lists by
cataloguers as a means of seeking answers to/discussion about
cataloguing-specific questions and issues.  The data collected from this
survey will be used to examine the frequency with which social media are
used by cataloguers to seek out answers to cataloguing-specific questions
and problems.  It is my hope that the project will provide some insight
into whether social media play a role in cataloguers' day-to-day
functioning at work.  Your participation in this survey would be much
appreciated.

Data collection involves an online survey that should take no more than
10-15 minutes to fill out.  Your responses will be anonymous and no
personal information is sought in the survey.  Your response to the
questionnaire will be taken as consent that the data you have supplied can
be used in the final report. The final report will contain aggregated data
and care will be taken that no information that might identify a particular
respondent appears in that report.  No other person besides me and my
supervisor, Dr Chern Li Liew, will see the spreadsheet containing responses
to the questionnaire.

The report will be submitted for marking to the School of Information
Management and deposited in the University Library.  The report may also be
put forward for publication or presented at a professional conference.
Questionnaires will be destroyed two years after the end of the project.

If you have any questions or would like to receive further information
about the project, please contact me at siddalbrid at myvuw.ac.nz or my
supervisor, Dr Chern Li Liew at ChernLi.Liew at vuw.ac.nz at the School of
Information Management at Victoria University of Wellington.

Bridgit Siddall

 If you wish to participate in the survey please follow this link:
http://vuw.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1NtQUrOdQuMUTJO

*Please note:  If you answer “No” to the question: "Does your organisation
provide any social media tools to enable staff to share information across
the organisation?" and gotten an error message just remove the “eg” text
from the “Yes” option and the survey will move you forward.*