[CatSIG] 12/379 Team Leader, Cataloguing vacancy
sonya.maclaurin at otago.ac.nz
Mon Oct 8 08:35:50 NZDT 2012
Team Leader, Cataloguing
Full time, Permanent
Salary Range: $65,969 - $89,252
Are you committed to metadata for resource discovery and access? Do you want to help shape what the National Library will do to make New Zealand metadata more useful and accessible?
Come and help lead the people who catalogue the published collections of the National Library and the Alexander Turnbull Library and create the New Zealand National Bibliography.
We are looking for someone who:
* Enjoys motivating people and working with a high-performing team;
* Enjoys problem-solving and would relish the chance to lead one of our cataloguing teams as we implement the new international cataloguing guidelines, Resource Description and Access;
* Enjoys thinking about descriptive practices and how these need to develop to meet the changing environment and user needs;
* Has at least five years' post-qualification experience, including substantial experience with descriptive practices;
* Is enthusiastic, energetic and has a sense of humour.
This position will give you the chance to demonstrate these skills, help develop national policy, and work with a great team in a strongly collegial environment.
A degree and a library qualification or a degree and professional registration with LIANZA is required.
For more information please contact Kim Gutchlag, Manager, Collection Description on kim.gutchlag at dia.govt.nz<mailto:kim.gutchlag at dia.govt.nz> or telephone (04) 474 3085
Applications close 16 October 2012
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CatSIG