[CatSIG] Cataloguing courses sponsorship
jf.rowan at auckland.ac.nz
Tue May 6 08:28:43 NZST 2014
If you are thinking about studying in 2014, currently completing a library qualification or looking for a professional development opportunities then this may be the opportunity for you. CatSIG is offering two opportunities for sponsorship in the following cataloguing courses
***72272 Cataloguing and Classification This course builds on and enhances library skills by introducing you to the principles and practice of cataloguing and classification. It is designed to enable you to apply international standards in the creation of catalogue records. You will also be able to analyse the international standards and to develop a critical understanding of the contemporary issues affecting cataloguing and catalogue management. This course is run by the Open Polytechnic from July 2014 and is a distance learning course.
For more information see
Pre-requisites: 72171 Library Systems and Processes or equivalent knowledge and experience.
The workload is approximately 12 hours per week
CatSIG sponsorship will cover the tuition fee (New Zealand: $702.00)
***INFO 546 - Bibliographic Organisation Creation of bibliographic records for library resources, including: original cataloguing using FRBR, RDA, AACR2, MARC, DDC and LCSH; evaluation of bibliographic utilities as sources for copy cataloguing; next-generation catalogues; and managing cataloguing operations. Course runs in Trimester 2 (July to October) 2014 at Victoria University, Wellington. Students can study on campus or by distance.
This paper can be completed as part of the Master of Information Studies or Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate of Information Studies programmes, or as a single Certificate of Proficiency (COP). The COP is suitable for
* graduate librarians and information professionals wishing to update their professional knowledge, or extend it into fresh areas of information management.
* graduates who are considering entry to the profession and want to experience postgraduate learning.
Pre-requisites: INFO 527
Acceptance is dependent on applicants holding a university degree/appropriate library qualification or extensive experience.
For more information about the course see http://www.victoria.ac.nz/sim/study/courses/info-546
For more information about the Information Studies programmes, including enrolment information:
CatSIG sponsorship will cover the tuition fee (domestic: $1,188.00)
* You do not have to be a CatSIG member to apply for sponsorship.
* CatSIG cannot guarantee entry to this course. Our selection of students is conditional on their acceptance into the course. Applicants must ensure they have the correct pre-requisites before applying.
* CatSIG will confirm sponsorship to the successful applicants when they have been selected for the course. The applicants will be responsibility for their own enrolment and acceptance into the course and the initial payment of fees. CatSIG will reimburse the full tuition fee when it can be shown that the applicants have completed and passed the course.
To apply, please write a brief outline of your background and work experience, and how completing the cataloguing paper would benefit you professionally, no more than 1-2 paragraphs.
The closing date for applications for sponsorship is Friday 30th May, 2014.
Please email applications and enquiries to catsigcommittee at gmail.com<mailto:catsigcommittee at gmail.com>
c/o Serials Unit
Libraries and Learning Services
University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Auckland Mail Centre
Phone: 649 3737 599 extn 87725
Fax: 649 3737 401
Email: jf.rowan at auckland.ac.nz<mailto:jf.rowan at auckland.ac.nz>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CatSIG