[CatSIG] FW: 18/580 Collection Description Librarian - full time - Wellington
Anoushka.McGuire at dia.govt.nz
Wed Nov 14 16:28:14 NZDT 2018
Kia ora koutou,
This has been posted on nz-libs too but I wanted to make sure the New Zealand cataloguing community is aware of this opportunity.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch!
Ngā mihi nui,
Hours: Full time
Business Group: National Library
Branch: Information and Knowledge Services
Are you interested in creating quality bibliographic metadata for New Zealand's heritage collections?
The National Library of New Zealand sits within the Information and Knowledge Services branch of the Department of Internal Affairs. Our branch is all about connecting New Zealanders to trusted information.
This role sits in one of the monographic cataloguing teams within the Content Services directorate of the National Library. Content Services is responsible for acquiring and describing the published collections of the National Library of New Zealand, including the Alexander Turnbull Library, and creating and maintaining New Zealand's National Bibliography.
As a Collection Description Librarian, you will make a big difference to how people access and use the published collections by creating high quality, accurate descriptions of resources.
To succeed in this role you will:
· Have an understanding of the need for bibliographic description, subject analysis and authority control, and would relish the opportunity to develop skills in this area
· Be curious, and unafraid to ask questions
· Demonstrate an ability to analyse material and summarise content effectively
· Be comfortable with technology and interested in how we can use it to help make the library's collections more discoverable
· Have an enthusiasm for learning and be quick to pick up new skills
· Enjoy problem solving and nutting things out
· Have an eye for detail
· Enjoy working in a team and developing strong peer relationships
In return you will be trained to create high quality bibliographic records using international standards, giving you a solid foundation for future work in the metadata space. You'll also get to work with the amazing range of collection items, both physical and digital, which come across our desks and be part of a great team of other cataloguers, indexers and collection development specialists.
· A degree and a recognised library qualification, the minimum being the Level 5 Diploma in Information and Library Studies from the Open Polytechnic of New Zealand, OR
· Professional Registration through LIANZA, OR
· An equivalent combination of qualifications, training and experience, approved by the Director of Content Services.
If you want to join a supportive team which is committed to excellence, we would very much like to hear from you.
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday 27 November 2018
For more information please contact: Anoushka McGuire (Team Leader, Cataloguing Team 1) on anoushka.mcguire at dia.govt.nz or telephone (04) 470 4524
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here<http://www.bfound.net/Company/164-20180112070150.pdf>. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
To apply: To apply online, please click here<https://jobs.bfound.net/Jobs/146249?CoId=164>.
Anoushka McGuire | Team Leader, Cataloguing Team 1
National Library of New Zealand Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa
Direct Dial: +64 4 470 4524 | www.natlib.govt.nz<http://www.natlib.govt.nz/>
The National Library of New Zealand is part of the Department of Internal Affairs
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CatSIG