[CatSIG] FW: 20/260 Team Leader Serials Cataloguing Team - full time - Wellington
Anoushka.McGuire at dia.govt.nz
Thu Aug 20 16:35:23 NZST 2020
Kia ora koutou,
I just wanted to highlight this role again. It’s open until 5 PM. Monday 24 August 2020.
Ngā mihi nui,
Hours: Full time
Business Group: National Library
Branch: Information and Knowledge Services
Cataloguing Team Leader
* Lead a team of cataloguers and support them to create high quality metadata for New Zealand's heritage collections
* Help foster an environment where curiosity and innovation are the norm
* Contribute to the preservation and access of materials important to the heritage of New Zealand
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
The National Library of New Zealand sits within the Information and Knowledge Services branch of the Department of Internal Affairs. Our branch is the Department’s centre of information management, culture, and heritage. Our branch is all about collecting, storing, preserving and giving access to taonga that are precious to New Zealand.
This role leads one of the cataloguing teams within the Content Services directorate of the National Library. Content Services is responsible for acquiring and describing the published collections of the National Library of New Zealand, including the Alexander Turnbull Library, and creating and maintaining New Zealand's National Bibliography. It is an exciting time for our cataloguing teams as we look to implement the new Resource Description and Access (RDA)Toolkit.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate positive leadership qualities, enabling you to empower staff to achieve excellence in their roles. You will be agile in your approach and have a willingness to lead people through change with empathy and respect. Pragmatic and resourceful, you will be known for delivering what you say you will.
In addition to this you will bring:
* A minimum of five years’ post-qualification experience in metadata creation and management
* Demonstrated experience and enthusiasm for using technology to enhance how metadata is created
* The ability to contribute expertise and leadership in the development and application of international descriptive standards
* Experience at effectively developing staff and an enjoyment in motivating them to achieve results
* A degree and library qualification (a minimum of the Level 6 Diploma in Information and Library Studies from the Open Polytechnic of New Zealand); OR
* A degree and professional registration with LIANZA
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
To be considered for this position you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.<https://annualreport2019.dia.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/>
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
* People can easily access the services and information they need
* Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
* People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
* New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 24 August 2020
For more information please contact: Kim Gutchlag, kim.gutchlag at dia.govt.nz<mailto:kim.gutchlag at dia.govt.nz>
Job description: To review the full job description, click here<http://www.bfound.net/Company/164-20205928075956.pdf>. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
To apply: To apply online, please follow our careers website<http://dia.hosting.staffcv.com/job/f0e989b0-47d1-ea11-be36-002481a57c62/20-260-team-leader-serials-cataloguing-team-wellington-city-nz/>.
Anoushka McGuire | Team Leader, Cataloguing Team 1, Team Leader, Catalouging Team 2 (Acting)
National Library of New Zealand Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa
Direct Dial: +64 4 470 4524 | www.natlib.govt.nz<http://www.natlib.govt.nz/>
The National Library of New Zealand is part of the Department of Internal Affairs
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CatSIG