[CatSIG] Call for presentations - CatSIG Professional Development Day, May 2020
tamsyn.bayliss at aucklandartgallery.com
Mon Jan 20 07:57:19 NZDT 2020
Kia ora koutou,
CatSIG is looking for expressions of interest in presenting at a Professional Development Day we’d like to hold at the end of May 2020.
Various topics emerged from our recent survey which people would like to hear about.
· Are you a special format or serials cataloguer, who would be interested in sharing you knowledge about cataloguing these resources using RDA?
· Have you been researching or working with linked data?
· Have you been involved in some research or a project around cataloguing or metadata you would like to share?
· Would you like to share your experiences using different metadata formats?
· Do you have experience managing data sets that would be useful to share with other cataloguers?
· Would you like to present on subject headings, general RDA cataloguing or working with born digital?
Please let us know what other topics you might be interested is hearing about or presenting on.
Presentations can be either hands on workshops or seminars, with sessions being around 40 minutes in length. 5-10 minute lightening talks or a panel session on short updates, changes or other points for discussion will be considered also.
If you are interested in doing a presentation please email catsigcommittee at gmail.com<mailto:catsigcommittee at gmail.com> by 15 February with an abstract.
We haven’t decided yet where the day might be held, but are planning towards an in-person event which can be recorded.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Secretary for CatSIG Committee
Librarian - Discovery & Access
E H McCormick Research Library
DD +64 9 890 2265 T +64 9 307 7714
AUCKLAND ART GALLERY Toi o Tāmaki
Cnr Kitchener and Wellesley Streets
PO Box 5449 Wellesley Street,
Auckland 1141, New Zealand
Research Library opening hours:
Monday to Saturday 1pm - 5pm
TOI O TĀMAKI
This email is confidential. If it is not intended for you please do not read, distribute or copy it or any attachments. Please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message and any attachments. We do not accept responsibility for any viruses or similar carried with our email, or any effects our email may have on the recipient computer system or network. Any views expressed in this email may be those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki, part of Regional Facilities Auckland Limited.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CatSIG