Introduction to Computer Science: COMP112 2020 Trimester T1.
Welcome to COMP112 for 2020 Tri T1.
Reminder of the revised assessment requirements for COMP 112:
- There will be no tests or exam.
- Assignments 1 and 2 contribute 2% each.
- Assignments 3 - 10 contribute 12% each. (with 6+7 and 8+9 counting 24% each if you choose them instead of 6 and 7, or 8 and 9 )
- There are no Mandatory Course Requirements
All Labs/HeleDesks/Workshops are finished.
Assignment 9 EarthquakeAnalyser: data error
Course Pages and Resources:
- Course Outline Additional information about the course.
- Lab & lecture times, etc.
You will need to Sign up online for one LabA and one LabB stream.
- Course schedule with links to lectures slides, .
- Assignments: handouts, downloads, starter files, marker feedback etc,
- Your Marks for assignments and tests.
- Videos of lectures and short tutorial videos.
- Forum: a place to ask questions and interact with other students.
- Programming Resources: Java documentation and resources, and using Java at home
- People involved with the course. (Staff, Tutors, Class representatives)
- Assessment Archive: past term tests and exams.
See also an online self test suite for practicing your java programming knowledge, (but note that it is not tailored for this course).
System Management: Set up ECS account, Change password, Forward your email, Check print allocation, Report a problem Technical Documentation and FAQs: There are lots of useful pages at Support.WebHome on many different aspects of the ECS computing system. Science/Engineering Faculty resources: TeRopu Awhina the Maori/Pacific focused support network. Science and Engineering Faculty office. VUW resources: Learning Support, Study Resources, helpful booklets on many study topics; Computing Services
VUW Library resources for Engineering, and Computer Science Clubs: VEC (VUW Engineering Club) Other resources: A list of free online courses in computer science, which could add to your learning.