COMP112 2020 Tri 1: AssignmentsNote that the assignment demo programmes on the lab computers will only run on the school workstations. They cannot be copied or downloaded to run at home. We will be making videos of the demos which you can download and watch from home. See also the weekly timetable with lecture, lab, and tutorial times. Assignments are generally due at 10am on Thursdays. You can get online help from a tutor via the web interface or
email@example.com See more information about
- Structure of the Assignments
- Marking of the Assignments
- submitting assignments
- getting help online
- Your Marks for all assignments and tests.
| Marks and
|Lab 0 (instructions + zip)||9 Mar||12 Mar||Submit|
|Lab 1 (instructions + zip)||Assig 1 (instructions + zip)||Videos: Answers, Tutorials||12 Mar||19 Mar||Submit||Marks|
|Lab 2 (instructions + zip)||Assig 2 (instructions + zip)||Videos: Answers, Tutorials||19 Mar||30 Apr||Submit||Marks|
|Lab 3 (instructions + zip)||Assig 3 (instructions + zip)||Videos: Demos, Answers, Tutorials||30 Apr||Fri 8 May 11:59pm||Submit||Marks|
|Lab 4 (instructions + zip)||Assig 4 (instructions + zip)||Videos: Demos, Answers, Tutorials||7 May||14 May||Submit||Marks|
|Lab 5 (instructions + zip)||Assig 5 (instructions + zip)||Videos: Demos, Answers, Tutorials||14 May||21 May||Submit||Marks|
|Lab 6 (instructions + zip)||Assig 6 (instructions + zip)||Videos: Demos, Answers, Tutorials||21 May||28 May||Submit||Marks|
|Lab 7 (instructions + zip)||Assig 7 (instructions + zip)||Videos: Demos, Answers, Tutorials||28 May||4 Jun||Submit||Marks|
| You can do Assig 6+7 in place
of Assig 6 and Assig 7
| Assig 6+7
(instructions + zip)
|Videos: Demos, Answers, Tutorials||21 May||4 Jun||Submit||Marks|
|Lab 8 (instructions + zip)||Assig 8 (instructions + zip)||Videos: Demos, Answers, Tutorials||4 Jun||11 Jun||Submit||Marks|
|Lab 9 (instructions + zip)||Assig 9 (instructions + zip)||Videos: Demos, Answers, Tutorials||11 Jun||18 Jun||Submit||Marks|
| You can do Assig 8+9 in place
of Assig 8 and Assig 9
| Assig 8+9
(instructions + zip)
|Videos: Demos, Answers, Tutorials||4 Jun||18 Jun||Submit||Marks|
|Review||Assig 10 (instructions + zip)||18 Jun||25 Jun||Submit||Marks|
Structure of the AssignmentsLike most weeks, the assignment has "Core", "Completion", "Challenge", and "Reflection" parts.
- Core parts: the parts that everyone should aim to do. They cover the basic principles that the assignment is intended to help you learn. You should complete all the core parts before going on the the other parts; if you are having difficulty with the assignments, it is important that you try to finish the core parts.
- Completion parts: should be attempted only when you have finished all the core parts of the assignment. They cover additional programming features that are useful but not absolutely central to the course (or not central yet) and give you more practice in programming. If you use up all your time for the course on the core parts, you should not spend more time on the completion parts. You are allowed to work on the Core and Completion parts with a partner and submit a joint solution (as long as you record in the code and indicate in the submission system who you worked with).
- Challenge parts: will allow you to demonstrate mastery of the material. Attempting the Challenge parts is required to get some kind of "A" on the program; completing them is intended to be a challenge!
- Reflection part: getting you to reflect on and think about aspects of the assignment to help you get a deeper understanding of the material. Everyone should do this.
MarkingEach program in this assignment, as in all assignments, will be marked out of 100. The marks will be allocated according to the following criteria:
- 0: did nothing or submitted too late (after the answers were posted),
- 1-49: attempted, but many errors, or incomplete (Grade: D or E)
- 50-64: got most of the Core working correctly, but little or none of Completion (Grade: C- to C+)
- 65-79: got most of the Core and Completion working (Grade: B- to B+)
- 80-100: got the Core and Completion working, and attempted some of the Challenge (Grade: A- to A+) The Reflection will also be marked out of 100, with 50 for an acceptable attempt, and up to 100 for displaying some insight. The marks will be returned electronically, along with feedback comments from the markers.
- 10% for the Reflection
- equal weights for each program (45% each if there are two programs).