SWEN 221 (2021) - Software Development
Welcome to SWEN221! This course develops a deeper understanding of object-oriented programming and, in particular, the Java Programming Language. The primary focus is on understanding the features common to object-oriented programming languages, including inheritance, polymorphism, generics, exceptions, and more.
During the course, your Java program skills will be tested through a range of interesting and enjoyable labs and assignments, and you should soon find yourself immersed in the Java way of thinking. I hope that you enjoy this course and get as much out of it as possible. I also encourage you to read the Course Outline where you can find information on what's really involved. Finally, if you have any questions or difficulties during the course, please free to come by my office (CO231) for a chat.
- Course Outline - The official course requirements document. You are strongly encouraged to read this
- Lecture Schedule - Who, What, Where and When: Lectures, Labs, Assignments, Tests, etc.
- People - Who's who? Teachers, tutors and class reps!
- Forum - A discussion forum for questions/comments on the course material
- Online Submission System - Where to submit stuff. (Remember to include jars with source)
- Online Self-Assessment Tool - Where to complete required self-assessment questions.
- Background Reading - You can find numerous interesting and useful articles here, that provide excellent background reading
- Exam Archive - Note: this is an archive of exams for the old COMP205/ENGR202 course. Some material from COMP205 is not covered in SWEN221, and vice-versa.