Wireless Communications Research Group
We are thrilled to be hosting two more visitors from BUPT: Pan Tang and Zhixue Hu, who are here to perform mmWave measurements (a joint BUPT/VUW/Spark project). They have joined their colleague Yawei Yu, who has been visiting us for the past 10 months.
At the top of Mount Kaukau, having completed part of the Northern Walkway: Zhixue Hu, Pawel, Yawei Yu, Tang Pan, (photographer: Peter Smith)
December 2016: L to R: Pan Tang, Yawei Yu, Zhixue Hu, Peter Smith, Pawel
September 29 2015 - Farewell gathering for Jan Pastircak. L to R: Fatih Ustok, Jan Pastircak, Peter Smith, Harsh Tataria, Callum Neil, Pawel Dmochowski
July 16 2014 - From Left to Right: Callum Neil, Ramoni Adeogun, Dr. Pawel Dmochowski, Harsh Tataria and Jawad Mirza
Absentees: Fatih Ustok, Dr. Mansoor Shafi and Dr. Paul Teal
18/09/2014 : Harsh Tataria received the Best Paper Presentation - Runner up award for the IEEE Postgraduate Presentation Competition organized by IEEE NZ Central Section .
Recent and Upcoming Talks
Talks are fortnightly on Thursdays at 14:00 am in CO 255. Anybody is welcome to attend.
- 21/10/2013: Jawad Mirza : Noncoherent Trellis Coded Quantization: Practical Limited Feedback Technique for Massive MIMO Systems.
- 31/10/2013: Callum Neil : Energy and Spectral Efficiency of Very Large Multiuser MIMO Systems.
- 21/11/2013: Fatih Ustok : Interference Alignment in Distributed Antenna Systems.
- 06/12/2013: Steven Van Kuyk : Downlink Scheduling with Transmission Strategy Selection for Multi-Cell MIMO Systems.
- 13/02/2014: Ramoni Adeogun : Performance Bounds for MIMO-OFDM Channel Estimation.
- 27/02/2014: Jawad Mirza : Adaptive Limited Feedback for Sum-Rate Maximizing Beamforming in Cooperative Multicell Systems.
- 13/03/2014: Harsh Tataria : Modelling and Analysis of K-Tier Downlink Heterogeneous Cellular Networks.
- 03/04/2014: Steven Van Kuyk : A Mathematical Theory of Communication.
- 10/04/2014: Will Beard : Capacity of Multi-Antenna Gaussian Channels.
- 17/04/2014: Callum Neil : On Limits of Wireless Communications in a Fading Environment when Using Multiple Antennas.
- 24/04/2014: Harsh Tataria : On the Capacity of Radio Communication Systems with Diversity in a Rayleigh Fading Environment.
- 08/05/2014: Ramoni Adeogun : Parametric Channel Prediction for Narrowband MIMO Systems Using Polarized Antenna Arrays.
- 15/05/2014: Callum Neil : On the Convergence of Massive MIMO Systems.
- 29/05/2014: Fatih Ustok : Interference Alignment with Combined Receivers For Heterogeneous Networks.
- 05/06/2014: Ramoni Adeogun : Algorithm for Prediction of Wideband Mobile MIMO Wireless Channels.
- 26/06/2014: Harsh Tataria and Callum Neil : On the Performance of Linear Precoding Techniques in MU-MIMO Broadcast Systems.
- 03/07/2014: Callum Neil : Massive MIMO - Design and Analysis (PhD Proposal Practice Run).
- 21/08/2014: Jawad Mirza : 3D Channel Models and Coordinated Regularized Zero-Forcing Beamforming for Multicell MU-MISO Limited Feedback Systems.
- 28/08/2014: Callum Neil : Spatial Correlation Models for Massive MIMO Arrays with 3D Channel Models.
- 04/09/2014: Harsh Tataria : On the Performance of Coordinated Two-Tier Heterogeneous Networks.
- 03/10/2014: Ramoni Adeogun: Channel Prediction with 3D Channel Models for Polarized Antenna Arrays.