Working with Us
If you are interested in our research areas and interests, please contact any of the staff whose interests match your own. For admission into VUW's postgraduate programme, please refer to Postgraduates Study
for details and links to the Faculty of Graduate Research to apply for admission. The details for funding and other scholarship sources are also available there.
- Prof Winston Seah - Internet of Things (IoT), Wireless Sensor Networks, 5G Networks and Sustainable Networks
- Dr Alvin Valera - Internet of Things (IoT), Wireless Sensor Networks, Ad hoc Networks and Routing
- Dr Yau Hee Kho - Wireless Communications, Signal & Image Processing and Electronics
- Dr Jyoti Sahni - Elastic Resource Provisioning, Distributed Graph Processing and Autonomic Computing
- A/Prof Ramesh Rayudu - Energy Harvesting and Smart Grid Communication Networks
- Atefeh Talebian - Mobility Induced Migration in Fog Computing
- Duncan Cameron - Enhancing Energy Efficiency and Performance of WISPs Through Self-Driving Networks
- Xiaohan Hu - Scalable Trust and Secured Sharing of Big Data using Blockchains
- Buddhima Amarathunga - Adaptive Sampling of Heterogeneous Sensors in IoT
Co-supervision with collaborators
- Tian Liang Li, College of Computer Science (Software Engineering), Inner Mongolia University, China.
Master of Engineering/Science
Co-supervision with collaborators
- College of Computer Science (Software Engineering), Inner Mongolia University, China.
- Shu Tao Lu
- Jian Guo
- Ye Zhang
- Sichuan Agricultural University, China.
- Rui Fang
- Yu Yue
- Qiwei Xiang
Summer Scholarship 2021/2022
- Jacob Bly - A Flying Base Station for a NOMA-based IoT system
- Marino Doyle - Controlling IoT Devices using Smart Contracts on Ethereum
Honours Project 2021
- Janel Huang
- Toby Stayner
- Ben Robertson
- Sion Grabham-Madden
- Calvin Lee
- Javrielle Alex Domingo
- Jacqueline Dong
Industry (in alphabetical order)
- API Talent
- Aviat Networks NZ
- Earthquake Commission (EQC) NZ
- Huawei NZ
- ISIF Asia
- Dr Bryan Ng - Performance Analysis of Communication Networks and Modelling Networking Protocols
- Professor Colin Simpson, School of Health, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
- Professor Y.D. Lin, Network Benchmarking Lab, Dept of Computer Science, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, on analytical modelling and design of SDN/OpenFlow switches, Mobile Edge Computing and Trust in the IoT.
- Professor Y.C. Lai, Dept of Information Management, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taipei, Taiwan, on analytical modelling and design of SDN/OpenFlow switches.
- Associate Professor Eugen Dedu, Franche-Comté Electronique Mécanique Thermique et Optique — Sciences et Technologies (FEMTO-ST), France.
- Associate Professor Peng Huang, Sichuan Agricultural University, China.
- Dr Normalia Samian, Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Cooperation and Trust in Wireless Networks and IoT.
- Dr Wuyungerile Li, College of Computer Science (Software Engineering), Inner Mongolia University, China.
- Dr Adrian Pekar, Department of Networked Systems and Services, Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME).
- Professor A.C. Pang, Graduate Institude of Networking and Multimedia, National Taiwan University, on modelling and analysis of CSMA/CA with Energy Harvesting for IoT.
- Professor Y. Takahashi, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University, on performance analysis of SDN and OpenFlow systems.
- Associate Professor Tao Zheng, School of Electronic and Information Engineering, Beijing Jiaotong University, China.
- Associate Professor Y.L. Guan, School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, on handover optimization in IEEE802.11p using SDN.
- Associate Professor Linus K.L. Wang, Department of Civil Engineering, National Chi Nan University, on land movement monitoring with wireless sensor networks powered by ambient energy harvesting.
- Dr Azizol Abdullah, Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Cooperation and Trust in Wireless Networks and IoT.
- Associate Professor Peng Huang, Sichuan Agricultural University, China. (2019/2020)
- Prof. Dr. Björn Scheuermann, Professor of Computer Engineering at Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany, and research director at the Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG). (2019)
- Alejandra Duque Torres (Masters student, University of Cauca, Popayan, Colombia) - An Adaptive Threshold to Identify Elephants and Mice Flows in SDN. (2018/19)
- Professor Joel Sommers, Colgate University, hamilton, NY, USA. (2016/17)
- Adrian Pekar (Postdoc) - Network Flow Classification using Dynamic Bayesian Networks. (2016/17)
- Jozef Mocnej (PhD student, Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia) - Multi-Network Architecture for Event-Driven IoT Environments. (2016/17)
- Sophie Yu-Hsuan Chen (Masters student, National Taiwan University) - Modeling and Analysis : Energy Harvesting in the Internet of Things. (2015)