Welcome to the AI-SCC Group
Welcome to AI-SCC group home page. AI-SCC group conducts research in the areas related to service and cloud computing, and develops artificial intelligent methods to solve the problems. The group has been working in the service and cloud computing areas since 2009 and has published their research outputs in top venues in the field.
Open PostDoc Position
We have a two-year postdoc position available on the project " Evolutionary Approaches to Cost-aware Data-Intensive Software Application Multicloud Deployment (MCD)". We will investigate optimisation problems for multicloud deployment and develop novel EC algorithms for finding the best combination of resources. We expect the project results will significantly improve the performance of MCD methods and enhance multicloud resource allocation approaches for data-intensive software. We expect the candidate to have a good record of publications, rich experience in designing and implementing evolutionary computation methods, good knowledge of combinatorial optimsation, in particular resource allocation in the context of cloud computing, and proficient with programming languages, e.g., Python, Java. Supervisors: Associate Professor Hui Ma (https://homepages.ecs.vuw.ac.nz/Users/HMa/WebHome
) and Dr. Aaron Chen at ECRG group at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. Please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
, should you have questions or be interested in the position.
- Sadeghiram, Soheila, Hui Ma, and Gang Chen. "Multi-objective distributed Web service composition—A link-dominance driven evolutionary approach." Future Generation Computer Systems (2023).https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2023.01.001
- C. Wang, H. Ma, G. Chen, S. Hartmann, "Using an Estimation of Distribution Algorithm to Achieve Multitasking Semantic Web Service Composition", IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 2022 [PDF] (CORE Tier A*)
- Tao Shi, Hui Ma, Gang Chen, and Sven Hartmann, "Cost-Effective Web Application Replication and Deployment in Multi-Cloud Environment," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), 2021. doi: 10.1109/TPDS.2021.3133884. (CORE Tier A*)
- S. Sadeghiram, H. Ma and G. Chen, Priority-based Selection of Individuals in Memetic Algorithms for Distributed Data-intensive Web Service compositions, in IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, 2021. doi: 10.1109/TSC.2021.3066322. (CORE Tier A*)
- C. Wang, H. Ma, G. Chen, S. Hartmann, Memetic EDA-Based Approaches to QoS-Aware Automated Semantic Web Service Composition, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation (TEVC), 2021. doi: 10.1109/TEVC.2021.3127633 (CORE Tier A*)
- T. Shi, H. Ma, G. Chen and S. Hartmann, "Location-Aware and Budget-Constrained Service Deployment for Composite Applications in Multi-Cloud Environment," in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), vol.31, pp. 1954-1969, 2020. (CORE Tier A*)
- B. Tan, H. Ma, Y. Mei, M. Zhang: A Cooperative Coevolution Genetic Programming Hyper-Heuristic Approach for On-line Resource Allocation in Container-based Clouds, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), 2020, doi: 10.1109/TCC.2020.3026338
- T. Shi, H. Ma, G. Chen, S. Hartmann: Location-Aware and Budget-Constrained Application Replication and Deployment in Multi-Cloud Environment, IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), 2020 (ARC/ERA Tier A).
- B. Tan, H. Ma, Y. Mei, M. Zhang, Evolutionary Multi-Objective Optimization for Web Service Location Allocation Problem, IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC), Volume: PP Issue: 99, 2018. (CORE Tier A*)
A complete list of publications from the group, together with source code and datasets can be found at here