Meetings for 2021
Weekly Group Meetings take place every Thursday between noon and 1 PM in CO431
. Please JoinUs
by subscribing to our mailing list to stay up to date: https://ecs.wgtn.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/spg
- 15th April David Pearce on "QuickCheck for Whiley"
- 8th April Alex Potanin on "Quo Vadis PL -- Update on recent discussions on virtual conferences and rankings within SIGPLAN"
- 1st April Sherif Riad on "Bugs caused by Libraries Breaking Compatibility"
- 25th March Jens Dietrich, on "using fuzzing to detect injection flaws and XSS vulnerabilities in web applications"
- 18th March James Noble presenting his ACSW'2021 Keynote
- 11th March Erin Greenwood-Thessman, topic tba
- 4th March Julian Mackay, topic tba
- 25th February Start of the year social. We want to know what you did last summer ! Then at 3 PM social watching in CO431 of SI^NZ Seminar by Robert Biddle (Carleton University Canada) on "Clickety-Click: Improving Collaborative Software Development" via zoom.
- 18th February Regev Benita on "IQL Input Query Language"
- 11th February Isaac Oscar Gariano on "Hybridly Typed Retroactive Polymorphism"
- 4th February Informal Kick-Off.
Meetings for 2020
- 11th December. Patrick Lam, Software Engineering at Waterloo - talk on how the software engineering programme works at Waterloo.
- 13th November. Jens Dietrich on "Flattening the Cube -- composite linear approximations of the reachability kernel in directed graphs, work inspired by (how to overcome) the cubic bottleneck in static program analysis".
- 6th November. Erin Greenwood-Thessman, topic tba.
- 30th October. Andreea Costea from NSU on "ROBoSuSLik: Concise Read-Only Specifications for Better Synthesis of Programs with Pointers".
- 23rd October. no talk -- end of trimester recess
- 16th October. no talk -- end of trimester recess
- 9th October. Alex Potanin and Marco Servetto on "Confidentiality-by-Construction in Object-Oriented Languages" (joint work with Tobias Runge and Ina Schäfer), tentative: drinks after work, 3PM Kelburn Village Pub.
- 2nd October. James Noble, on "Holstic Specifications - or w*# has james been doing for the last few years."
- 25th September. Soheila Sadeghiram on "A distance-based Genetic algorithm for robust data-intensive Web service composition in dynamic bandwidth environment."
- 18th September. David Pearce on "Functional Reactive Programming of Web Applications in Whiley" (with some live programming!) (video)
- 11th September. Research Awareness Day
- 4th September. Social Lunch in the Kelburn Village Pub starting at 1PM.
- 28th August. Thomas Kühne on "Unifying Nominal and Structural Typing for Modelling Open World Scenarios"
- 21st August. Craig Anslow on "Visualizing Progress Tracking for Software Teams on Large Collaborative Touch Displays" (details)
- 14th August. Patrick Lam on "Putting the Semantics into Semantic Versioning" (details)
- 7th August. Marco Servetto on 42 library design, using an example of the Unit of measures library
- 31st July. Shawn Rasheed (Massey) on Static and Hybrid Program Analysis to detect Deserialization and Parser Vulnerabilities.
- 24th July. ENGR489 Presentations: Lavanya Sajwan on "Why Do Programmers Do What They Do? A Theory of Influences on Security Practices", Jack Hazlehurst on "Incremental Static Analysis for Regression Test Analysis" and Philip Oliver on "Incremental Compilation Workloads".
- 10th July. no meeting (mid trimester break, marking etc, ICSE)
- 3rd July. no meeting (mid trimester break, marking etc)
- 26th June. Alex Potanin on Effects
- 19th June. Alex Potanin on Wyvern
- 12th June. Julian Mackay on "Syntactic Subsets for Decidable Bounded Polymorphism". [slides]
- 5th June. Jens Dietrich on "Fuzzing Web Applications"
- 29th May. David Pearce on "Fuzz Testing AVR Microcontrollers"
- 22th May. No speaker
- 15th May. Summer Internship at RocketLabs, Nick Webster